Saturday, April 19, 2008

Let's try again....if you were to walk through our front doors...

I didn't have great luck at this the other day....but today it's working! One of our favorite customers stopped by to chat the other day, and while she was here she mentioned that we should have descriptive pictures of the shop so that those reading the blog could get a better sense for what it looks like. While I admit I'm not the best photographer, I absolutely welcomed the suggestion and did my best to take pics that weren't totally overwhelming! I'm not sure I succeeded in that, but here's a glimpse of what you'll find when you visit Lulu & Tutz.
Towels, Aprons, and potholders...

Trendy kitchenware...

Red and White polka dots from Rosanna...

Flashdrives, cards, paper, journals...

The Ladies Boutique...

The Baby Boutique...

Although I just took these pictures this week, I can see that things have been moved around already since then! AND...we'll have to move things around again after mom and I spent the morning at a local auction...our favorite thing!

**Tiny window into how my mind works.....I was pricing some of the old linens we bought this morning, and I found a hAiR. (gross, I know...)BUT, it got me thinking about WHO the hair belonged to, whether or not they are still living, and what their story is.

...Imagine how many family meals were eaten on the floral tablecloths, and how many hands were dried on the embroidered towels. No telling how many secrets were told on the vintage bedspread, or how many glasses of tea were sipped out of the polka dot glasses! I guess that's the fun of finding old treasures...they've already lived a lifetime in someone else's world!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beaut-i-ful!

I am also attracted to those things that have been previously loved for the reasons you have mentioned (except the hair part-lol).