Thursday, November 20, 2008

It feels like snow!

In our part of the world it is CoLd, and feeling very much like winter has taken over! With only 5 weeks left till Christmas, I guess I should not be surprised, but for some reason this cold has caught me off guard! I'd give just about anything to light a fire in our fake fireplace! BTW, what good is a FAKE fireplace??? It's a little like fake food....it does nothing but make you long for something that is not available to you. Whoever boarded up the window and built in a mantle....even bricked a hearth- was totally on to something....but apparently not good at completing projects. Sigh...I'm cold.

While I type in the chilly shop, Tammi is at home recovering from her "tennis elbow" surgery this morning. She has a warm, WORKING fireplace....but last I heard she was bundled up in her bed sleeping. Thankfully, all went well, and she will "enjoy" a few days of rest and recovery before Thanksgiving.

Speaking of Thanksgiving...as a family, we have so much to be thankful for. There may be a handful of things we're not all that thankful for, too...but we're giving thanks, nonetheless.

"Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever."
I Chronicles 16:34

No comments: