Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Fever

It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is.
And when you've got it, you want -
oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want,
but it just fairly makes your heart ache,
you want it so!
~Mark Twain
Oh, happy day!!! Not that the day is all that warm or Spring-feeling in PA, but the sun is shining, and no doubt warm weather is on the way!
Wednesday was much warmer and the onset of Spring Fever was calling to me. So off to the fake greenhouse I went...in search of something to brighten up the place and satisfy almost as much as getting my hands in some dirt.

I came back with an armful of the most UNfake looking plants and flowers -and promptly scattered them around the shop. Mind you, I'd much RATHER have been at the Amish greenhouse down the street for the real thing...they smell MUCH better and there's a bigger variety, BUT if I squint my eyes and hold my breath I can almost convince myself
these little guys are real.
I found a box of PEEPS that look like they jumped out of an
Easter basket...but with 0 Calories and 0 grams of sugar!
Guaranteed to stay fresh til the next century!
Do these scream SPRING or what?!?
You can't help but dream about the upcoming season of fresh fruit and veggies
with these on the table!
God knew what He was doing when He placed the seasons in order. At least in this part of the world Spring follows the harshness of Winter and all its' destruction. It is a welcome change of both weather and scenery. It comes quietly and announces itself in a whisper...but it's there. After seemingly endless months of dark and cold it brings hope in its' whispers. Hope that all is not lost and forgotten, but a new day is coming...bringing newness of life on its' heels.
As in life, we would not appreciate the brightness of Spring without the darkness of Winter
still fresh in our memories.
"Oh, visit the earth, ask her to join the dance! Deck her out in Spring showers, fill the God-River with living water. Paint the wheat fields golden...Creation was made for this! Let them shout, and shout, and shout! Oh, oh, let them sing!"
Psalm 65:9
The Message

No comments: