Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Beauty...

Am I alone in this or do we, as women, always seem to struggle with beauty??
Never seeming to reach the "goal"...too fat, too thin, hair's too short or too gray, abs aren't flat enough, clothes aren't hip enough, jewelry's not quite right, shoes were in last year's magazines..
There's just so much warring against us...causing us to be dissatisfied w/what we see in the mirror every morning. It's a struggle just to be the best YOU that you can be...and don't we always think that there's something else we have to do to finally "get there"?
Therein becomes OUR struggle to run a business centered around beautiful things...all the while believing that beauty doesn't come from the things we put on or strive to DO...it's inside us.
The struggle is to sell beautiful things w/out making our customers feel like it's the only way to find beauty...it's the struggle I felt this morning, wanting to post a few pictures of new jewelry, but not wanting to appear to believe that it's only in the vain things we accumulate or do that we finally become beautiful.
I think we were created to love beauty, and be the beauty....not to spend our lives desperately trying live up to the world's and the media's definition of beauty.
If the earth around us is robed in beauty, I don't believe we are wrong to want to join in! So the question is...am I the beauty or is the beauty what I put on this morning?
With all of this in the back of my mind, I'll post only a FEW pictures of some of the baubles and beads we've accumulated this week...I'm wearing a few of my own, thanking God in heaven for beautiful things, and for making me a girl so I can appreciate them!

"Let not yours be the merely external adorning with elaborate interweaving and knotting of the hair, the wearing of jewelry, or changes of clothes; But let it be the inward adorning and beauty of the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible and unfading charm of a gentle and peaceful spirit..."

I Peter 3:3-4

No comments: